09 November 2006

Voxtrot - Great American Music Hall - 11/4/06

Ramesh, the lead singer of Voxtrot, is stalking me. It started on the 2nd when for about an hour he was yelling at me. Then on the 3rd, he followed me to The Knife's show. Finally, he was at Great American on the 4th, barking at me again. I wasn't expecting him to be at The Knife's show, but I did know that there were going to be two Voxtrot shows in 3 days. Ambitiously, I decided to go to both. Totally check out my my previous review so you don't miss any inside jokes.

Really, having seen them two days earlier, I think all I can do is compare and contrast the two performances, in list form.

PopsceneGAMH
Crowd was young and oh-so indieCrowd was tall
Set was really shortSet was covered just about everything they play
The sound was typicalThe guitars sounded fucking amazing; the best I've heard in a while
Went with AnnieWent with Danielle, Jason, Jon


I think both venues have their pros and cons, but really the intimate setting and short set list of Popscene helped Voxtrot. They just came off better there. But they did sound really good at Great American. So I hesitantly give the nod to the first show.

Voxtrot - Mothers, Sisters, Daughters, & Wives

Voxtrot - Trouble

Voxtrot - The Start Of Something

No comments: