30 May 2006

Rise Up In The Dirt


Originally uploaded by ryanfoley.
If you were wondering if the recent lack of posts was because of my indifference to blogging or my lack of interest in music, you were wrong! I was just in China for two weeks away from any live music I could understand.

But less than 4 days after getting back, I saw a show. I saw Voxtrot at Bottom of the Hill Sunday. I went with a whole mess of people (Ben, Rose, Kristin, Bethany, Jeni, Andrea, SEP, Stacy, Guy, Siobhan's aunt, Sionhan's aunt's friend), ran into a few people I hadn't seen in a while (Peter, Mike, Amy, Meredith, that high school kid from the last Voxtrot show), and met some cool new people (Brian, Annie, Andrea, Suzie, Curtis, Udi). Like the last Voxtrot show, this group of people enjoyed the set and had the most energy of anyone in the crowd. Unlike last time, we didn't ruin the show for everyone else aroun us by running into them.

Voxtrot is a really solid band with lots of good songs. And I'll keep going to their SF shows. But last night I was aching for some new material. They played some covers (New Order, Springsteen), but that didn't quite satisfy me. Maybe if they would have played some Flock of Segulls, like I requested (their response: "I wish!") I would have felt better.

Anyway, after the show, the crew went to Rotox for free Sparks and to hear Ramesh spin. It was a good time and the Sparks washed any lingering bad taste out of my mouth.

Voxtrot - Mothers, Sisters, Daughters & Wives

Voxtrot - The Start of Something

No comments: